FOM2019 Webinar Series – Part 2 of 3:
Internal Obstacles to Effective
Tuesday, August 20 @ 11AM MST / 1PM EST
Most organizations – large and small – need to make decisions that are sensible and well-considered before allowing money to be spent, or resources to be invested. But there are internal obstacles around every corner…
- What if nobody else in the business understands the pure risk, and pressure that comes with making critical obsolescence decisions?
- Who else knows the true cost of redesign or re-certifications?
- Why won’t the sales team stop taking orders for the 40 year old platform that we can’t find the parts for any more?
- Doesn’t finance understand that just because this key component cost $1 when we designed the assembly 20 years ago, that $150 is a real price today?
- With so much at risk for poor decision making, and so little time to make good choices, how can we remove those internal obstacles, and make progress together?
As an introduction to the first of our workshop talk tracks at FOM2019 in Dallas, we’ll take time to explore the obstacles to effective Obsolescence Management, and discuss some coping strategies to get to better results.
Sr. Project Manager